Monday, October 29, 2007

Daily Painting Commissioned Dog Portrait, "Noah" In Progress

"Noah"
Detail In Progress

This picture was with the studio lights on. Again the sepia warmth of the incandescent lights.


"Noah" 14X14 In Progress

The full picture here was real light, studio lights off. Cameras do funny things with light and smartly pick up everything.

By the way, I previously referred to a certain slobbery look about Noah and, I have heard through the grapevine that, Noah was a bit insulted by this adjective. He has passed along the information to me that he is a gentleman and never slobbers, so I must apologize for the reference. In defense, I have to clear up what I was thinking when I made the reference. I was looking at "floppy jowls" when I said "slobbery," which in all honesty is something I am sure I am getting myself the older I get. Since I don't slobber either, I must extend my apologies to Noah and won't ever mention that again. :-)

I hope you enjoy watching "Noah" emerge. I'll keep you posted. :-)

1 comment:

Peter Yesis said...

Looks great to me! You really add that personality to the dogs you paint. Congrats on another commission well done.